Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?
Few authors have had the kind of lasting impact and global reach that Seth Godin has had. In a series of now-classic books that have been translated into 36 languages and reached millions of readers around the world, he has taught generations of readers how to make remarkable products and spread powerful ideas. In Linchpin, he turns his attention to the individual and explains how anyone can make a significant impact within their organization.
There used to be two teams in every workplace: management and labor. Now there’s a third team, the linchpins. These people figure out what to do when there’s no rule book. They delight and challenge their customers and peers. They love their work, pour their best selves into it, and turn each day into a kind of art.
Have you ever found a shortcut that others missed? Seen a new way to resolve a conflict? Made a connection with someone others couldn’t reach? Even once? Then you have what it takes to become indispensable, by overcoming the resistance that holds people back. Linchpin will show you how to join the likes of…
· Keith Johnson, who scours flea markets across the country to fill Anthropologie stores with unique pieces.
· Jason Zimdars, a graphic designer who got his dream job at 37signals without a résumé.
· David, who works at Dean and Deluca coffee shop in New York. He sees every customer interaction as a chance to give a gift and is cherished in return.
As Godin writes, “Every day I meet people who have so much to give but have been bullied enough or frightened enough to hold it back. It’s time to stop complying with the system and draw your own map. You have brilliance in you, your contribution is essential, and the art you create is precious. Only you can do it, and you must.”
About Seth Godin
- Publisher : Portfolio; 1st edition (April 26, 2011)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 256 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1591844096
- ISBN-13 : 978-1591844099
- Item Weight : 8 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.5 x 0.67 x 8.42 inches