About Powerful Phrases for Dealing with Difficult People
Most of us are going to work today with individuals who at times come across as incompetent, lazy, spotlight-hugging, whiny, or backstabbing. Then, tomorrow we go to work with them again and again. Like it or not, the bulk of our waking hours are spent with people at work–people who can grate on our nerves.
Communications expert Renee Evenson thoroughly explains how anyone can learn how to confront head-on the difficult situations that can arise when dealing with these personalities, before they fester and spread.
In Powerful Phrases for Dealing with Difficult People, Evenson shares practical and easy-to-use tactics such as:
- Thirty common personality traits, behaviors, and workplace scenarios along with the phrases that work best with each
- Nonverbal communication skills to back up your words
- Sample dialogues that demonstrate how phrasing improves interactions
- A five-step process for moving from conflict to resolution
- “Why This Works” sections that provide detailed explanations
Button-pushing situations are going to come up today at work–and tomorrow too. Don’t let them rent space inside of you and turning everything to mold. Instead, choose to deploy simple phrases to regain control and resolve conflicts.
When you do, you, your colleagues, and your company will be all the better for it!
- Publisher : AMACOM; 1st edition (October 15, 2013)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 238 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0814432980
- ISBN-13 : 978-0814432983
- Item Weight : 8.8 ounces
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches