About Find Your Artistic Voice: The Essential Guide to Working Your Creative Magic
This one-of-a-kind book helps artists navigate the influence of creators they admire, while simultaneously appreciating the value of their personal journey.
• Features down-to-earth and encouraging advice from Congdon herself
• Filled with interviews with established artists, illustrators, and creatives
• Answers the question “how do I develop a unique artistic style?”
An artist’s voice is their calling card—it’s what makes each of their works vital and particular, but developing such singular artistry requires effort and persistence.Find Your Artistic Voice offers everyday strategies, inspirational anecdotes, and practical advice to push through fear and insecurity in your artistic practice.
• Makes a perfect gift for aspiring artists and creatives, serious hobbyists, art students, makers, teachers, budding creative professionals, and fans of Lisa Congdon
• A self-help creativity book for those looking for artistic guidance
• Great for those who enjoyed reading The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron, Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert, and Art/Work: Everything You Need to Know (and Do) As You Pursue Your Art Career by Heather Darcy Bhandari and Jonathan Melber
About Lisa Congdon
Fine artist and illustrator Lisa Congdon is best known for her colorful paintings, intricate line drawings, pattern design & hand lettering. She works for clients around the world including the MoMA, Harvard University, Martha Stewart Living, Chronicle Books, and Random House Publishing, among many others. She exhibits her work around the country, including in shows at the Contemporary Jewish Museum and Bedford Gallery in California. A selection of her works are currently available through New York’s Uprise Gallery. Lisa writes a popular daily blog about her work, life and inspiration called Today is Going to be Awesome. She is the author of six books, including the starving-artist-myth-smashing Art Inc: The Essential Guide to Building Your Career as an Artist, and illustrated books The Joy of Swimming, Fortune Favors the Brave, Whatever You Are, Be a Good One, Twenty Ways to Draw a Tulip and A Collection a Day. Her seventh book, A Glorious Freedom: Older Women Leading Extraordinary Lives will be released by Chronicle Books in October 2017. She was named one of 40 Women Over 40 to Watch in 2015. She lives and works in Portland, Oregon.
- Publisher : Chronicle Books; Illustrated edition (August 6, 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 132 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1452168865
- ISBN-13 : 978-1452168869
- Item Weight : 11.3 ounces
- Dimensions : 6.05 x 0.75 x 7.95 inches
There are no reviews yet.